HI! It’s me. I’m stilllll here. You know, the stay-at-home mama/ etsy-preneur and sometimes-blogger? Yeah, that’s me. Sometimes-blogger. Since I pretty much ran out of my small stock of items in my Etsy shop, and constantly had custom order requests, my fingers were pretty tied up in string, hooks and needles for a few months. Aaand somehow I fit in cooking dinner, grocery shopping, church, two-year-old birthday party planning,
(yes, she ate THAT much cake!)
taking care of said two-year-old,
a family vacation (the flowers were gorgeous!),
and getting sick all in there too! Yeah! Well, getting sick wasn’t fun.
But no blog posts. No love. No love for le bloggy. I know that’s not a real phrase. I just liked the way the words sounded in my head. 🙂
So anyway, it’s been busy. And blogging takes a little more effort! Kudos to all you bloggers out there keeping your commitments… I just need to focus…and quit making excuses…ahem.
I’m a work-in-progress.
Speaking of a work-in-progress (oh, you see what I did there?), it’s WIP Wednesday, and here’s what I’ve been working on lately:
For once, I’m using someone else’s pattern. I feel like I got some quality bonding time with my husband’s abuela (grandma) during our family vacation (I just LOVE her!) and I noticed that she would get a little chilly in the evenings. I decided I’d like to make her a shawl. I had her pick one out from Ravelry and she chose the Machir Bay Shawl and said she wanted it in gray, like the picture. It’s simple, and gorgeous, and the colors are very calming. I also highly recommend the pattern, as it’s pretty easy to memorize so far (though I haven’t reached the charted section yet, so we’ll see). I chose some Madeline Tosh Twist Light in the colorway Silver Fox (light grey) and some Cascade Heritage in Grey and they happen to work together really nicely! If you want to see the shawl as it progresses, here’s my project page on Ravelry.
Since it’s been QUITE a while, I thought I’d show a few more items I’ve made since there have been quite a few WIP Wednesdays I’ve missed!
Here are my Top 5 Missed WIP’s:
- Lace & Buttons Boot Cuffs. I absolutely adored the finished product, but boy, let me tell you, hand-sewing the lace took FOR-EV-ER. Therefore, they are not worth it, unless I can find a better, smarter, time-savvy solution. I would love to figure it out, so I can sell these pretty little things in my Etsy shop. These were a custom order request from a dear friend of mine from college.
2. Janis Hairpin Lace Hat in a new, fun colorway! I love it. It’s so bright and cheerful, and the colors remind me of a sunset on the water.
3. Hairpin Lace Infinity Scarf. This isn’t necessarily new, but again, it’s in a new colorway, and I have to say, this is one of my faves.
4. Toddler Mitts. I had to keep my little lady’s hands warm, but her fingers ready to play. So, fingerless mittens. Madeline Tosh Unicorn Tails for the win! She loves them!
5. Super Bulky Aspen Beanie in Malabrigo Rasta! Yes!! A dreamy custom-order request. I absolutely loved every minute of making this hat out of this luxurious merino wool. Of course, since it is extra bulky, it went by way too fast.
Well, that’s it! Those are my top 5 WIPs that I’ve missed sharing with you, blog world. I’ve missed you. Let’s do this again. SOON. Very soon.
So what is your work-in-progress? What are you working on?