The Liebster Award was created to recognize & discover quality ‘new’ blogs or bloggers with smaller followings & welcome them to the blogosphere.
Some bloggers do not choose to acknowledge this and view it as ‘chain-mail’, or extra work. While I have never been a fan of chain mail, this to me seems more like a nice gesture & more of a pay-it-forward kind of action. It is also a very nice compliment to receive! Yay for the glass being half-full.
I was nominated by Laura from Riddle from the Middle, a blog I recently started following and really enjoy reading! Please check out her blog! Thank you so much for the thoughtful nomination! Sorry it took me so long to respond.
Here are the rules/guidelines:
- Write a post thanking & linking the person who nominated you for the Liebster Award. Include the Liebster Award sticker in your post or on your blog.
- Copy these rules into your post.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award & notify them in one of their posts.
- All nominated bloggers are to have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 10 questions posed by your nominator.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Here are the questions Riddle from the Middle left for me:
- If you could choose to take a college class purely for pleasure, what would it be? Too hard to narrow down to one! There are many classes that I enjoyed while in college that I would love to take again, but I’ll narrow it down to classes I haven’t taken. I love learning about so many things, but right now, I wish I could take a college class in photography. The runners-up would be world history, philosophy, & acoustics &/or neuroscience of music (where can I take THAT class?!).
- Why did you become a blogger? I have the need to write & share my thoughts & ideas. It is cathartic for me to create, whether it be through writing, knitting, crocheting, composing music, singing…etc. Blogging seemed like the best writing outlet & a perfect place to share my crafts.
- What’s the last guilty pleasure you indulged? Eating Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Kisses for breakfast…yep. Totally guilty. My toddler is under the age of two & lucky for me, doesn’t notice yet. 😉
- Spring, summer, fall, or winter – which is your favorite and why? Fall is my favorite- the sights (especially the colorful leaves), the cozy comfy wardrobe (love my boots & scarves) the traditions & holidays, the music, the movies (Hocus Pocus!), the feeling of the crisp air & especially the smells and tastes of yummy food 🙂
- You unexpectedly get five hours of downtime, no strings attached. What do you do with it? You mean…with my kid or without my kid? Ha! With my kid, we will go to the park (as long as the weather is good) or somewhere special where she can play. Without my kid, wow, I don’t know…what is downtime?! I would go to a coffee shop 🙂 By myself. And enjoy a latte. By myself. Without a toddler climbing on me. Ahhhh…
- What was your first paying job? Were you good at it? I worked at a Burger King. Yes I was good at it, because I counted back change at the drive thru, where there was no calculator telling me what I owed the customer. Did I like this job? Nope. But it put gas in my car.
- You have one million dollars you must donate but you can only give it to a single organization. What cause do you choose to support and why? I would choose catholiccharitiesusa.org or savethechildren.org Both of these honest organizations help so many people, especially children in extreme poverty, & most of their funds go to the people who need it.
- What made you self-conscious as a child? I was a complete nerd & ahead in a few subjects, like math. I loved learning, and seemed to be one of the only kids in my grade that did. I also loved to sing, but was terribly shy about it. I was also self-conscious about some of my clothes being from Goodwill and yard sales.
- Do you enjoy traveling? Why or why not? YES! If it were free to travel, it would be pretty hard to find me. I love learning about different countries, cultures & meeting new people, & especially, sampling all the delicious food!
- What’s your morning routine? What is the one part of that routine you could never give up? For the most part, I do not enjoy routines. I’m also not a morning person. Don’t get me wrong, I’m thankful to be waking up to another day, I just really, really enjoy sleep, & I do my best thinking & work late at night when hubby and baby are in bed. Night-owls unite! Anyway…While I need some sort of routine to function, I can’t stand doing the same thing in the same order every day, but here’s an idea of my morning. Basically, I drag myself out of bed & walk like a zombie for about an hour, doing some sort of hygiene thing, grabbing some sort of caffeinated beverage- whether it is coffee or a Dr. Pepper (I know, I know, I’m a fully-grown adult drinking soda in the morning…). Then I sit down to feed my toddler her breakfast as I wake up. After that, sometimes I eat breakfast. Sometimes I play with my toddler. Sometimes I deal with a toddler tantrum or diaper change, or a toddler tantrum during a diaper change (sound fun to you?). Sometimes I get right to knitting/crocheting etsy orders. Sometimes I pray. Sometimes I read. Sometimes I write blog posts ( I have about 30 drafts…eek). Hard to call it a routine, but it’s what makes this SAHM happy. However, once I’m a little more awake, I almost always turn on MUSIC, so my baby & I can jam out! Honestly, I could give up any part of this routine, except seeing my baby 🙂
I have nominated the following blogs for a Liebster, because I enjoy reading them, & I would like to send readers their way. Some bloggers do not post how many followers they have, so some of these writers may have more than 200. Please check them out! Here they are in no particular order:
- Shortcake’s Sweet Tooth
- The Middling Years
- Cupcakes, Crafts & Controlled Chaos
- Quite A Spectacle
I have passed the ‘baton’ on to these bloggers, as a compliment to their writing, & participation is voluntary. I won’t be offended in any way if they choose not to post their Liebster Award, but only hope they acknowledge the sincere compliment I have given them! 😉 😉
Here are my questions for the nominees:
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- If someone made a movie about your life, what would it be called, & who would play you?
- Can you describe in detail one of your favorite childhood memories?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- What is your biggest quirk?
- If you could turn one of your greatest weaknesses into one of your greatest strengths, would you, & what would it be?
- What is your favorite meal?
- If you could hop on a plane today & go anywhere in the world, free of charge, where would you go?
- What was the last thing you laughed at?
- If you had the power to change one thing about the world, what would you change?
Again, thank you Laura, for the nice welcome to the blogosphere! Please visit her blog & the blogs I nominated for some good reads! They are worth the clicks.
Sing it out!